I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Sunday 4 September 2011

Wilderness

"The Lord our God said to us at Horeb, 'You have stayed long enough at this mountain. Break camp and advance'..." Deuteronomy 1:6-7


 

As long as we have wilderness attitudes, we will continue living in the wilderness. Jesus died so that we could live in the abundant Promised Land, so let's do everything we can to achieve that!

It was only an eleven day journey to the Promised Land, yet it took the Israelites forty years to get there, grumbling, complaining along the way, blaming Moses and God for their troubles. But the Israelite's lack of progress was due to nothing but their own, very poor attitudes.

Being able to maintain a good attitude in a trying situation is the major part of the battle. If we have a godly attitude we can win over anything. There will always be trials in life, but as we trust God and continue doing what He shows us to do, we will always come out victorious.

Walk in the light. As God brings your faults into the light to expose and remove them, it may be uncomfortable but this kind of discomfort is only temporary.

God loves you and has an excellent plan for your life. Follow the Holy Spirit and He will lead you through the wilderness and into the Promised Land. Ask the Holy Spirit to stat convicting you of any wrong attitudes that are not pleasing to God so that with His help you can start to change them.

No comments:

Post a Comment