I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Wednesday 7 September 2011

Marriage, Triumph or Tragedy

"Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord." Ephesians 5:22

"Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her." Ephesians 5:25


 

There is nothing more wonderful than a great marriage, and nothing more miserable than a bad marriage. Many marriages fall into one of these categories, but even more fit into the 'in-between' where things are just mediocre.

Mediocre marriages could be such because they have gone too long without any marital maintenance that every aspect is in need of some repair. In order to keep a marriage in good condition, we need to pay regular attention to it. Anything in life that is not growing is in fact dying.

Keep your marriage fresh. Have fun. Laugh together. Work hard together but ensure you also play hard together. A good balance must be kept or the devil will get in and cause trouble. Don't spend all of your time together talking about problems. Be wise. Don't confront explosive issues when either or both of you are tired or feeling under par.

"Love each other deeply, because love covers a multitude of sins" 1 Peter 4:8

Small acts of kindness will nourish your love and help you be more willing to overlook each other's faults and weaknesses.

Do all you can to make sure that your marriage is a triumph and not a tragedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment