I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Tuesday 13 September 2011

True source of confidence

"For it is we who are the circumcision, we who worship by the Spirit of God, who glory in Christ Jesus, and who put no confidence in the flesh" Philippians 3:3. The most important step to becoming more secure is to discover the true source of confidence. Before you can put your confidence in God, you must first remove your confidence from fleshly things such as appearance, finances and relationships. "For the Lord shall be your confidence, firm and strong..." Proverbs 3:26. Is God dealing with you about where you have placed your confidence? Is it in your job, spouse, child or qualifications? Parents sometimes place their confidence in their children's achievements which can lead to serious problems as they may have totally different ideas about the future. As Christians we should not place our confidence in our education, looks, positions, talents, abilities, or in people's opinions. God is urging us to let go of all those fleshly things that we have been holding onto so firmly for so long. He wants you to put your trust and confidence in Him and Him alone. But it can prove hard at times for some to stop being influenced by what others think and say. You are what God says you are. If He says we are something, then we are, whether anybody else agrees or not. Those people may criticise us but we must never give in to the temptations placed on us through pressure and criticism. But we know that we are doing what God has told us to do and being what he wants us to be: our confidence is in the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment