I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Saturday 17 September 2011

Fear Not

"Anxiety in a man's heart weighs it down..." Proverbs 12:25. Anxiety, unlike worry, is an uneasy feeling that lingers even after we think we have dealt with it. Once we go in this direction we step out of faith and into fear, fear of tomorrow, fear of the unknown. The result is anxiety which brings a heaviness to our lives. Sometimes this uneasiness is vague and we can't put our finger on it. All we know is that we are anxious, often all day and all night. "All the days of the desponding and afflicted are made evil (by anxious thoughts and forebodings), but he who has a glad heart has a continual feast" Proverbs 15:15. Foreboding is a sense of impending misfortune or evil. It has nothing to do with anything that is happening right now, it is a negative feeling about the outcome of some event in the future. God wants us to get rid of evil forebodings so that we can enjoy life. However, the devil wants us to believe that we will always be misunderstood and unappreciated, that nobody will ever like us or want to be around us or care about us. He wants us to feel humiliated about the past, helpless about the present and hopeless about the future. He wants to thrust so much worry and anxiety on upon us that we will be drawn away from our relationship with God. "Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, who He has delivered from the hand of the adversary." Psalm 107:2. Once you realise that the devil is trying to distract you, you need to fight against his negative thoughts and worry. Begin to confess your authority in Christ. Sometimes it helps to say out loud 'God is with me and everything is going to be okay' It acts as a preventative measure against evil forebodings which will keep us feeling anxious and worried and helps us take authority over evil.

1 comment:

  1. Evil forebodings are something I struggle with. Are you aware of any scriptures/possible avenues/techniques on how to stop or prevent these feelings?

    ReplyDelete