I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Friday 9 September 2011

Giants or Grasshoppers

"There we saw the Nephilim (giant), the sons of Anak, who come from the giants; and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight." Numbers 13:33.

In the book of Numbers, a group of twelve spies were sent to scout out the Promised Land. Ten returned with bad reports and two with good. Those who came back with evil reports saw giants in the land and were frightened. "We were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight." In other words, the enemy saw them in the same way in which they saw themselves. These ten spies ran home defeated because of the way they saw themselves, because of the negative attitude they had toward themselves.

The two positive spies reacted in a totally different way. Caleb, in the face of seemingly overwhelming odds decreed, "We are well able." He said that because he knew that God had told them to go into and take possession of the land.

In order to overcome the negative thinking and speaking that have been such a natural part of our lifestyle for so long, we must make a conscious effort to think and speak good things about ourselves to ourselves by making positive confessions. We don't have to speak out loud, you have self-talk going on inside you all the time. Begin to speak, on purpose, good things about yourself in private.

No comments:

Post a Comment