I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Monday 12 September 2011

Obey God

"Is it true, Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, that you do not serve my gods or worship the image of gold I have set up?" Daniel 3:14. Nebuchadnezzar made a new rule and issued a new decree. He set up a golden image in the middle of the town and everybody was ordered to worship it. Anybody who refused to do so would be burnt to death. Daniel's three closest friends refused to bow down. They had the same spirit in them that Daniel did. The king threatened to burn them alive. This is similar to what the world does to us if we refuse to conform to its standards. That's when we need to do as the Hebrew children did and trust the Lord. Daniel's three friends refused point blank to be intimidated or frightened by the king. They told him, "We believe God is going to deliver us, but even if he doesn't, we are not conforming to your image of what you think we ought to be. We will do what God tells us and have peace." This is the attitude we ought to have toward those who try to pressure us into disobeying the will of God. How far are you prepared to go in maintaining your open expression of faith, love and obedience to God? How far? Will you run and hide at the first sign of danger from the enemy? Or will you boldly continue doing what God has told you to do? In every single account of David in the Bible, we read that he was constantly pressured by others to conform to what they wanted him to do and to be. Daniel was strong and refused to give in to pressure. After some time of trial and tribulation, God exalted him and he was put in charge of the entire kingdom. Learn to obey God by not conforming to this world. It will change your life and God will exalt you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment