I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Wednesday 7 September 2011

Enjoying Everyday Life

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men," Colossians 3:23


 

In all of our lives there are large portions of our time that must be devoted to what you could call 'common life and everyday business'. We tend to see these chores as being quite different from the things we do that we consider to be holy. Most of us prefer the holy tasks over the common.

Seeing the two sides of our life as being in two entirely different categories usually causes quite a problem for us. Often we feel divided within ourselves, struggling to get finished with 'common life and everyday business' so we can return to 'holy things', because we feel holier when we are engaged in what we believe to be holy.

Everything we do is to be offered to the Lord, and if it is done with a pure heart of love, it becomes holy. True liberty is the freedom not to have to live a divided life in which we categorise some things as common and some as holy.

The Lord is holy, and He lives in us, so that makes us holy. Therefore, wherever we go and whatever we do become holy if done unto Him.

Live the liberated lifestyle and begin to enjoy everyday life!

No comments:

Post a Comment