I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Monday 19 September 2011

Conversations and Plans

"When you are brought before synagogues, rulers and authorities, do not worry about how you will defend yourselves or what you will say, for the Holy Spirit will teach you at that time what you should say." Luke 12:11-12. As well as having a huge tendency to try to figure out what we ought to do, we also try to figure out what we ought to say. There may be an upcoming meeting at work with your boss and it is causing you to worry. Instead of planning and rehearsing the impending conversation over and over in your head, make a decision to trust God. God only wants you to focus on the present, not the future or the past. It may be necessary to do a little forward planning but a balance needs to be kept. If you become obsessive and keep going over the situation in your head, that is a sign you are not depending upon the anointing of the Lord. You are depending only on yourself and will fail. Sometimes we rack our brains trying to come up with a plan to handle a difficult situation and once we think we have finally decided what we are going to do we get troubling thoughts popping into our heads and we end up more confused than ever. What we need to do is come to a sense of peace and confidence about the situation. God's peace is always available, but we must choose it.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11. God doesn't want us outlining all our conversations or trying to figure out the meaning of some casual remark made to us. It is a useless waste of time. God has a plan for our life. His thoughts are above our thoughts and His ways are above our ways and we will never, ever figure Him out. But we still end up getting worried due to fear. A fear that has been embedded in our thought processes, usually since childhood, especially if we have been abused.

No comments:

Post a Comment