I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Tuesday 6 September 2011

Power of Words

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14


 

Words are amazingly powerful. They carry either creative or destructive power. They can tear down or build up. They can encourage or discourage. It is totally unacceptable to God when we use our mouths to bring hurt and destruction. Well chosen words spoken to us can change our lives. We can use our own mouths and the power of words uttered carefully to either improve other people's lives or to destroy them.

The right words can affect our future in a very positive way. We can find out what the Word of God has to say about God's promises and what is available to us as believers. Then we can prophesy our future. We can begin to "call things that are not as though they were" Romans 4:17. We can take God's faith-filled words and reach out into the spiritual realm and begin to gently take from Him the manifestation of those things that He has promised.

There are clearly right and wrong ways to use your mouth. Our mouths should belong to God and we should discipline what comes out of them. We should speak His words and use our mouths for His purpose only.

No comments:

Post a Comment