I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Thursday 1 September 2011

Holy Determination

"I have fought a good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith" 2 Timothy 4:7


 

The Spirit of God fills us with determination of a holy nature. It is something that God has within Him and gives to us through His Spirit. God is trying to help ensure that we don't become quitters or the type of people who are easily defeated.

God gives us the holy determination but we need to do our part too. We must be determined to overcome the past and to move forward from it. This takes a lot of strength and it can sometimes take years to build up all the qualities needed in order to achieve this.

We must not be afraid of difficulty. Anything worth having never comes easy so we must be prepared to go through hard times occasionally. We must be decisive and stick to our decisions no matter what difficulty befalls us.

If you find yourself in two minds about something, you need to ask yourself what you believe God placed in your heart and stick with that. Don't head in the opposite direction due to weakness and weariness.

You have what it takes to live a victorious life. If you have accepted Jesus as your saviour, His determination lives in you because He lives in you.

Fight the good fight, be determined to have the victory. Don't give up and don't give in!

No comments:

Post a Comment