I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Wednesday 14 September 2011

10 Steps to Confidence

It is so important to have a positive sense of self-esteem, self-value and self-worth, to be secure in who we are in Christ and to truly like ourselves. We learn to like ourselves by learning how much God loves us. Once we become rooted and grounded in God's love, we can then come to the point where we are at peace with ourselves. There are 10 basic steps to building confidence:

1. Never speak negatively about yourself

2. Celebrate the positive

3. Avoid comparisons

4. Focus on potential, not limitations.

5. Exercise your gift

6. Learn how to cope with criticism

7. Have the courage to be different

8. Determine your own self worth

9. Keep your flaws in perspective

10. Discover the true Source of confidence

Father,

I am made in Your image, therefore I am not insecure. My security is in You. You are my righteousness and my peace. I turn away from the fear or man and the feeling that I just don't measure up. Help me to stop comparing myself to others. Help me to see myself as You see me - complete, secure and whole. Help me to remember that through Jesus Christ I am able to overcome all of my insecurities and walk in quiet confidence all the days of my life. In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment