I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Tuesday 6 September 2011

Power of Love

"Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8


 

It can be hard for the carnal man to walk in love towards others when he is undergoing personal trials as it is not at all natural. The believer however, is equipped with the power of the Holy Spirit to enable him to do just that.

It is God's will for us to rule in the midst of our enemies. If God were to remove every hindrance, we would never have the opportunity to grow. There are many aspects to ruling over the enemy, but the ruling power of love also has been one of the most amazing. Walking in love protects us. It is part of spiritual warfare, and as such we must employ every effort in the power of God's grace to maintain a determined love walk.

Make an effort to concentrate on your love walk. Study love and make an effort to show love to others. Our flesh may not always be in the mood for loving others, but if we want to rule over the enemy, we need to say, "It is no longer I who lives, but Christ who lives in me." Galatians 2:20

You must use the power of the Holy Spirit to do what you know is right, not just what you feel like doing. By resisting the devil and walking in the love of God you are ruling over the devil.

No comments:

Post a Comment