I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Friday 2 September 2011

Battlefield of the Mind

"We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ" 2 Corinthians 10:5


 

According to Corinthians, the mind is the battlefield. We are in a war, but it is a spiritual war that must be fought spiritually with spiritual weapons. Using these weapons, we refute the enemy's lies, arguments, theories, reasoning and every other thing that tries to exalt itself against the truth of God's Word.

We must take our thoughts captive and not indulge in the fleshly luxury of receiving and meditating on every thought that comes into our heads. We must learn how to exercise ourselves to think about what we thinking about. This takes a substantial amount of discipline and needs practising.

The main weapon with which we do battle is the Word of God, used in various ways: preached, taught, sung, confessed, meditated upon, written and read. The Word of God has an awesome effect on our minds.

It is totally possible to transform your negative, wandering and wondering mind, by applying the Word of God and receiving help from the Holy Spirit. You will reach the point where you can confidently say that you have the mind of Christ.

You can win the battle in your mind. Every stronghold can be torn down and every deception uncovered. You are worth so much to God; don't settle for anything less than complete freedom!

No comments:

Post a Comment