I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Sunday 4 September 2011

Restoration and the Mouth

"I speak only good things from my mouth. I never use my mouth to criticise. I only use to mouth to encourage and build people up. I bless. I do not curse." This is what we should all be aiming to be able to truly say. Ask God to put a watch over your mouth to help prevent you sinning, ask Him to point out your verbal sins that you do not realise you are saying."

"Listen, for I have worthy things to say; I open my lips to speak what is right. My mouth speaks what is true, for the lips detest wickedness. All the words of my mouth are just; none of them is crooked or perverse." Proverbs 8:6-8

You need to study the Word hard and make a decision to no longer let your mouth be used by the devil when God has done so much for you. Let the words of your mouth, and your thoughts always be acceptable to God. It's only human that we will make mistakes, but as soon as you do, repent - always.

There are various things that you shouldn't do with your mouth:

1. The Bible teaches us not to judge, gossip, criticise or give your opinion when it has not been asked for. Any badness that we allow to leave our mouths affects our joy.

2. Do not speak idle words that have no positive power in them because they are in fact power draining words.

3. In James 1:26 we are told that we should not use the same mouth to bless God that we use to curse men.

4. When we are under pressure, it is better to keep your mouth closed so that nothing evil will come out of it. When Jesus was about to set off to Gethsemane he said, "I will not speak with you much longer, for the prince of this world is coming. He has no hold on me." John 14:30 Jesus was explaining that he was going to be under such huge pressure from the war of all wars that he was not prepared to let the devil in and force ill words out of his mouth, so he would be strong and become silent instead.

5. You should not talk about yourself too much. This is a sign of great selfishness

6. We should not criticise others. This shows a religious spirit and religious people have a tendency to be very critical and judgemental.

There are also things that you should do with your mouth:

1. We can bless people by speaking and praying. The Prayer of Blessing was so desired that Jacob was prepared to lie and cheat to get it from Esau

2. Realise that once you have spoken something it cannot be taken back. When Isaac realised he had said a prayer over the wrong child, he confessed his error and said that now he had said it, he could not take it back.

3. Words are an indicator of our spiritual maturity. The number of times you go to church a week is not an indicator of this maturity but what you say is.

4. Make a decision to use your mouth for only good. If you focus your mouth on only speaking good and blessing others, you will be so busy doing the right thing that there will be no room for the wrong things to get in. Make everyone who crosses your path feel better, feel special and share God's love.


 

Use your mouth as a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment