I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Monday 19 September 2011

Help I'm worried!

Our Refuge and Fortress - "I will say of the Lord, He is my Refuge and my Fortress, my God; on Him I lean and rely, and in Him I trust!" Psalm 91:2. This verse shows us that we do not need to be worried because we can put out trust and confidence in God. A refuge is different to a fortress. A refuge is a secret place of concealment where the enemy can't find us. If we are hidden in God, the devil cannot locate us, we can see him but he can't see us. Whereas a fortress is a visible place of defence. The devil knows we are there but he cannot get to us because of how a fortress is designed. We can choose to be in either and the Lord will give His angels charge over us.

Leaning on Him - "For we have heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and of the love you have for all the saints." Colossians 1:4. Faith is the leaning of the entire human personality on God in absolute trust and confidence in His power, wisdom and goodness. We often don't trust in God fully, we lean on Him to a certain point but keep some of it to ourselves in case God doesn't come through for us, we have an alternative plan of our own. This is not trusting God totally and completely! God wants us to trust Him without reserve and with no thoughts or plans for failure.

He will deliver and cover you - "Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart." Psalm 91:3-4. In these verses are the Lord's wonderful promises of deliverance and protection. The shield and rampart are forms of protection used during combat. Regardless of the situation in which we may find ourselves, God is for us. It may seem hopeless to us, but if the Lord is for us, who can be against us? Romans 8:31. Focus your mind on the fact that God is around you, he is for you, he is with you, he is under you and he is over you. The devil is the only one who is against you, but as long as you are dwelling in the secret place of the Most High, stable under the shadow of the Almighty, the devil has no way of finding you or getting to you.

Because we Love Him - "Because He loves me," says the Lord, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honour him." Psalm 91:14-15. In order to qualify for God's blessings and protection we must have personal knowledge of His name, this cannot be done 'by association'. Deliverance is a process. When we have trouble, first of all God will be with us in that trouble. He will strengthen us and take us through it victoriously. Then He will deliver us and honour us. When we are having troubles we need to get out of the habit of running to people and instead turn to God. Learn to run to Him, to that secret place, learn to say, "God, nobody can help me but You. I am totally dependent upon You." Many times, God will anoint somebody else to help us, but we need to learn to go to God first.

Follow the Signposts - "But after I am raised, I will go before you..." Mark 14:28. So the 3 main signposts along the way are: 1. Trust God and don't worry. 2. Fear not and don't be anxious. 3. Cast all your care and avoid reasoning. In order not to veer off the path we need to pay attention to these signposts. On the Christian journey one of the main reasons for veering off the path is the issue of worry. Worry won't change your situation, but an attitude of faith does not worry and have anxiety about tomorrow because faith understands that wherever it needs to go, Jesus has already been there. It is not necessary to know and understand the reason behind everything that is going on in your life. Trust that the Lord will reveal to you anything you do need to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment