I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Sunday 4 September 2011

Self-exaltation

"Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time" 1
Peter 5:6

"No one from the east or the west or from the desert can exalt a man. But it is God who judges: He brings one down, he exalts another." Psalm 75:6-7


 

The Bible tells us that we are to never promote ourselves, true promotion comes from God and God alone. You may have already found that if you put yourself somewhere, you have to struggle to keep yourself there. But if you wait for God to put you in a position, He also keeps you there.

"But now the Lord declares: 'Far be it from me! Those who honour me I will honour, but those who despise me will be disdained' " 1 Samuel 2:30

It takes patience to wait on God's promotion, but waiting on Him honours Him, and the person who honours God will be honoured by God. However, it is yet to be seen what the Lord can do through a man or woman who will give Him all the glory.

We need to learn to allow God to take the lead role in our daily life and in our future. The level at which we depend on Him is clearly seen by how willing we are to wait on Him for what we want.

Trusting God doesn't mean that we just sit, doing nothing, waiting for Him to act. It does however mean that we only do what God leads us to do. He can only use the humble, so the degree of humility which we have determines how much God is able to use us.

"Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." Psalm 27:14

Wait on the Lord, allow Him to take the lead role in your life. His way and timings are perfect. Wait on Him and everything will turn out ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment