I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Tuesday 13 September 2011

Perspective

"...look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen..." 2 Corinthians 4:18. If you are to succeed at being yourself, you must keep your flaws in perspective. You may for example have a tendency to be impatient or be prone to acne. These things make up such a tiny part of us that they shouldn't bother us, but we blow them out of all proportion to such an extent that they begin to rule our lives. We all have little flaws but that doesn't give us licence to focus on them 24/7. If we told our friends some of the things that we think are our flaws, they would probably laugh or even consider what we think are our biggest flaws to actually be our greatest qualities! "Shall what is formed say to him who formed it, why did you make me like this?" Romans 9:20. God created every single one of us by his own handiwork and workmanship as individuals, therefore He must like what He has made. Each one of us has to come to a place where we are satisfied with who we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment