I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Thursday 1 September 2011

The Power of Patience

"You will need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised." Hebrews 10:36

"Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 1:4


 

The Word of God promises that the patient man will be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. A patient man is a powerful man. He can remain calm in a storm and has control over his tongue. He thinks loving thoughts, even in times when people's behaviour becomes challenging.

Without patience we are not able to endure the wait to see the fulfilment of our faith. Just because we are believers doesn't mean that everything comes to us immediately. There is a waiting period involved in receiving from God and it is during this time that our faith is tested. Only if we endure and wait patiently will we experience the joy of seeing what we have believed for.

Patience isn't only the ability to wait, but to keep a good attitude while you are waiting. Waiting is a basic part of life that cannot be avoided so we need to discipline ourselves to wait patiently or we will become miserable and agitated when there is absolutely no need.

No comments:

Post a Comment