I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Thursday 8 September 2011

Insecurity

"We love Him, because He first loved us" 1 John 4:19. If we don't let God love us, then it is going to be very hard for us to love Him back. "Love your neighbour as yourself" Mark 12:31. If we can't come to some sort of peace with ourselves, won't be able to go out and love other people as the Bible tells us to. More than anything, people need a revelation of God's love for them on a personal level. When a revelation takes place, we suddenly understand something to the point that it becomes a part of us. God's love for us is the foundation for our faith, our freedom from sin and our ability to step out in ministry to others, without fear in the form of insecurity. God made all of us with a desire to be loved in our heart. And the Word of God teaches us that He loves us as much as He loves Jesus. "I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me." John 17:23 People who think their right standing with God is based on how much progress they make toward overcoming their flaws think they have worn out God with their failures and messes. But we can't wear out God. Love can't be worn out and there is nothing we can do to make God love us less. "Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love." 1 John 4:8. As a result of unfair and unkind treatment by various people, many individuals develop a shame-based nature. The attitudes and opinions that we have of ourselves are programmed into us over a period of time. Couple this with an uncertainty of Christ's love for us and we may become very insecure. But you need to try really hard not to let how other people treat you determine your value and worth. People who lack confidence have a battle going on within themselves about themselves most of the time. If you focus on the natural world more than the spiritual realm, it becomes easy to always think negatively about yourself and to have a consistent negative attitude. This is the work of the devil as he puts lies into our heads for us to use in creating an opinion about ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment