I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Thursday 1 September 2011

Being Confident in Prayer

"This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us." 1 John 5:14

To be truly full of faith, we need to walk in confidence in every, single area of our lives. Praying is one of the ways we can show and be certain ourselves that our confidence is in God. If we pray about things instead of worrying and trying to work them out ourselves, we say by our actions, "Lord, I trust you in this situation."

Sometimes we are doubtful about prayer. We pray and then wonder if God heard us. We wonder if we prayed properly or for long enough. We wonder if we said it right, did we use appropriate phrases, enough scripture etc. We can't pray properly if we are doubting and unbelieving. We must pray with faith.

The fact is that simple, faith-filled prayer works perfectly. You don't have to repeat things over and over. God hears you the first time. Nor do you need to use fancy, poetic language, just be you and know that He hears you and understands.

Simply present your request to God, believe that He has heard you and will answer when the time is right. God hears and responds to all prayers that come from a sincere heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment