I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Wednesday 7 September 2011

Children: Blessing and Responsibility

"Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it." Proverbs 22:6

"Some are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him." Psalm 127:3


 

Children are an awesome blessing from God, but they are also a big responsibility. It is very important that we understand that we are stewards of God's gifts and talents, and not owners.

As stewards, we should seek understanding about God's will for our children and train them in that direction. Children need to be taught right from wrong. They need to be loved unconditionally as they grow up, and given the freedom to follow their own heart. We must do our upmost to help our children be all that they can be in Christ.

Godly correction is vital for proper child development. Correcting a child in an unscriptural way is often worse than not correcting them at all. It is important that children learn from an young age how to behave according to God's Word.

As parents, our words can have a dramatic and long lasting effect on our children. Therefore, we need to be careful to build our children up and not tear them down with our words.

Take time to pray that the Holy Spirit will help us train our children in a godly way and not the world's way. If you train your children from when they are very young, you will reap good fruit later on.


 


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment