I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Tuesday 6 September 2011

Walk in the Spirit

"So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature."


 

In order to walk in the Spirit, there is a price to be paid. We will need to say no to some things to which we would rather say yes to, and say yes to some things we would rather say no to. We must follow the prompting of the Holy Spirit through our own spirit as we are led and guided.

To walk in the Spirit, we must stay filled with the Spirit. This is accomplished by continually choosing right thoughts, conversation, companionship, music and so on.

To do God's will, we must be ready to suffer. If our flesh wants to walk in one direction and God's Spirit leads us in another, a wilful decision to be obedient will provoke suffering in the flesh. If we choose to walk in the Spirit in a daily basis, we will die to self-centredness and gain freedom to serve God. We will experience righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. No matter what comes up against us, we will live in victory.

Start making the right choices now, investing for your future. Walk in the Spirit, be persistent and expect to be blessed. Say yes to the Spirit and no to the flesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment