I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Wednesday 7 September 2011

Succeed at being yourself

"We do not dare to classify or compare ourselves with some who commend themselves." 2 Corinthians 10:12


 

People who don't accept themselves and get along with themselves tend to have a difficult time accepting and getting along with other people.

If we don't like ourselves, we are not going to be able to enjoy life very much. But once we have a revelation that God loves us unconditionally, we will begin to accept ourselves and eventually produce good fruit in our relationships with others.

There are ten good tips listed below that will help you succeed at being yourself. They will help you develop more self-confidence and a better self image as a child of God:

1. Never think or speak negatively about yourself.

2. Speak positive things about yourself and meditate on them.

3. Never compare yourself with anyone else.

4. Focus on your potential, not on your limitations.

5. Find something that you like to do and that you do well and make it a regular activity.

6. Dare to be different! Be a God pleaser, not a people pleaser.

7. Learn to handle criticism.

8. Determine your own worth, don't let other people do it for you.

9. Keep your imperfections in perspective.

10. Discover the true source of confidence - God!

Begin to see yourself as a child of God. Think and speak only good things about yourself, knowing you are loved despite your weaknesses and flaws.

No comments:

Post a Comment