I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Wednesday 7 September 2011

A Godly Home

"in order that Satan might not outwit us. For we are not unaware of his schemes." 2 Corinthians 2:11


 

One of the devil's main targets to attack is the family unit. He is keeping busy trying to bring about divorce, marital problems, sibling rivalry and family strife.

A strong, godly family that walks in love is both a major threat and a huge challenge for the devil. God's plan is agreement, harmony and unity - a family solidly joined together as one, whose purpose and aim is to do the will of God.

There are some good basic rules based on scripture that could help every family. All members of a family should take their part in maintaining a peaceful home:

1. Speak in peaceful tones of voice. Don't speak harshly.

2. Be positive and build each other up, not tear each other down.

3. Work together to keep order in the home.

4. Have fun together on a regular basis. Laughter is an amazing medicine.

5. Be merciful and forgiving because God has freely forgiven each of you.

6. Be slow to anger, slow to speak, and quick to hear.

7. Be slow to take offence.

8. Don't judge.

9. Plan your diary carefully so that you are not all always in a rush therefore can enjoy time together.

10. Chill! Don't worry. God has it all in hand.

Let God into every area of your life, including your home so that it becomes a godly home.

No comments:

Post a Comment