I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Tuesday 6 September 2011

The Fruit of the Spirit

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law." Galatians 5:22-23


 

Everyone of us is presented with a variety of opportunities to manifest the fruit of the Spirit every single day of our lives. The fruit of the Spirit working in our lives is linked to our spiritual maturity. God wishes that the fruit should be the container in which the awesome gifts of the Spirit are carried.

Being a Christian comes with many responsibilities. One being to 'walk the walk', ie, to walk in integrity at all times, even when we are alone. At some point in our life we may find ourselves involved in a relationship with a difficult person. We need to try our best to behave in a godly way and bear the fruit of the Spirit despite the way the other person is acting. We must not become discouraged, we need to 'keep on keeping on'. Some of the harshest tests in our lives can involve relationships that try the very fruit in which we are attempting to walk.

Learn to walk in the fruit of the Spirit. God has an awesome plan for you! The manifestation of the fruit of the Spirit through you makes the difference in how soon you begin walking in that glorious plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment