I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Saturday 3 September 2011

Enforce the defeat of the devil

"My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge" Hosea 4:6


 

In recent years there has been an ever growing interest in the supernatural, which makes it more important than ever that we become fully knowledgeable about key truths so that we can avoid the pitfalls of deception. Everything that looks good isn't necessarily down to God and everything that is supernatural isn't spiritual.

"Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour" 1 Peter 5:8

"in order that Satan might not outwit us. For we are not unaware of his schemes" 2 Corinthians 2:11

First, we need to realise that the devil, demons and evil spirits are real. Secondly, we must recognise the devil's tactics and know his own vulnerable points in the same way that he knows ours so that we can counter attack.

"I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you." Luke 10:19

Thirdly, we need to have knowledge of and exercise our God-given authority. We have authority and power to walk all over the devil! We can protect ourselves with the knowledge of God's Word. We are living in a key time and only when we determine to seek the truth, from God's Word, through anointed teachers and preachers, and in our own personal study and prayer time, will we know how to successfully overcome the deception of the enemy and help others do the same.

Know your enemy and ensure that he is defeated. All of us can fight the devil and win.

No comments:

Post a Comment