I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Friday 9 September 2011

Confession

"For who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct him." 1 Corinthians 2:16. Making a positive confession about ourselves means that we need to get our mouth in line with what the Word says about us. For example, the Word of God says that we have the mind of Christ, so that is what we should be saying about ourselves.

It would be fruitful to make a list of confessions about our life. Then take time to find scriptures to back up each confession. Look deep and you will find what you are looking for. The next step is to start speaking these confessions, which you may not find easy. You might be living with guilt and condemnation and your confession might be along the lines of, "I am the righteousness of God. I have been made holy. There is a call on my life and God is going to use me." Depending how affected you are by your negative thinking will determine how many times a day and for how long you will have to say each confession before the words become in-built and you truly believe them.

No comments:

Post a Comment