I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Friday 2 September 2011

Victor not Victim

"Yet amid all these things we are more than conquerors and gain a surpassing victory through Him who loved us" Romans 8:37


 

Many of us are hurting, physically, emotionally or mentally. The way that you handle your hurt can increase or decrease the intensity of the pain you are feeling. Handling a situation or hurt can ensure you stop being a victim and become a victor instead.

"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength" Philippians 4:13

The key to this is to see that the victory is "through Christ". If we learn how to lean on God and receive from Him whatever we need, we truly can do all things through Christ who strengthens us.

God is more than enough when faced with any situation. He has promised to enable us and to be our helper. As we come into close fellowship with Him, spending time with Him and talking with Him, we begin to draw strength from Him.

Whatever you are going through, lean on the Lord to strengthen you. Also try not to talk too much about your hurt. Instead, keep your eyes and your conversation on the Lord and off your situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment