I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Thursday 1 September 2011

Triumph during Trials

"And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast." 1 Peter 5:10

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

In John 16:33 Jesus tells us that in the world we will have tribulation as trials and tribulations are pretty much a part of everyone's life. We need to learn how to triumph in the midst of them.

If we are not careful, trials can make us bitter, but if we are careful they can make us better. The devil hopes to steal our faith and leave us bitter and angry at God.

In Peter 1:5-7 we read how God intends to strengthen our faith, purify it, develop patience in us, and give us experience that will help others.

"But how is it to your credit if you receive a beating for doing wrong and endure it? But if you suffer a beating for doing good and you endure it, this is commendable before God." 1 Peter 2:20

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness," Galatians 5:22

God teaches us how to endure patiently. Sometimes we are punished and persecuted when we do not deserve it. Being able to outlast the problem is true endurance and patience is a fruit of the Spirit. It is not just a matter of wanting, it is how we act while we are waiting.

In order to triumph in trials we must learn stability: to remain the same, continue in our commitments and walk in love. Going through hard times and being able to continue being good and kind to others is a sure way to triumph amidst trials.

If you are in the middle of some trials, don't let them defeat you. Let them make you stronger instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment