I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Thursday 1 September 2011

Confidence in the Flesh

"For it is we who are the circumcision, we who worship by the Spirit of God, who glory in Christ Jesus, and who put no confidence in the flesh." Philippians 3:3


 

As children of God, we have the privilege of trusting God for everything, not just some things, but everything! When we trust, we are joyful, peaceful and free from pressure. On the other hand, when our confidence is in ourselves and not in God, we struggle and usually fail.

We need to set a goal for ourselves, to put no confidence in the flesh. It takes a determined effort not to trust in ourselves. It seems natural for the flesh to trust in itself.

"For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit is contrary to the sinful nature. They are in conflict with each other, so that you do not do what you want." Galatians 5:17

"The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life." Galatians 6:8

Galatians teaches us that the flesh is opposed to the Spirit, and the Spirit is opposed to the flesh. If we sow to the flesh, we will reap nothing good.

Our trust and confidence belong to us, and we need to choose wisely where and in whom we place them. We know that Jesus is the Rock and everything else is like sinking sand. This means that we are wise when we place our trust in Him as He is strong, sturdy and the only true source of stability.

Seek to grow to the place where you can honestly say, "I place my total trust in you Lord, I surrender my will to you" Then and only then comes joy, peace and victory and it is Christ who gets all the glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment