I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Saturday 3 September 2011

How can I be Holy?

"For it is written, you shall be holy, for I am holy" 1 Peter 1:16

Anyone who truly loves God wants to be holy. We desire to be like Him, and He is holy. Holiness signifies separation unto God. A state of holiness results in behaviour befitting those so separated.

The Lord instructs us to do certain things, but He also provides us with the ability to do what He require. We struggle when we try to do what He wants in our own strength, instead of calling on His strength by faith.

The seed of holiness is planted in us when we are reborn. As we work with the Holy Spirit and water the seed with God's Word and our obedience, we begin to see positive changes in our behaviour and in all other areas of life.

Many Christians spend most of their lives waiting to see themselves change before they will believe anything positive about themselves. But, God sees in our hearts. We have a desire to do what is right because He has given us a new heart and put His Spirit in us.

When we start believing what the Word says about us more than what we see or do, then our behaviour begins to rapidly change. We are made holy by God's mercy and grace and the sacrifice and bloodshed of Jesus. God says that you are holy - believe it!

No comments:

Post a Comment