I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Thursday 8 September 2011

Eliminate the Negative

If you want to increase your self-acceptance and your opinion of yourself, you need to stop letting the negative things about yourself coming out of your mouth. "I pray that you may be active in sharing your faith, so that you will have a full understanding of every good thing we have in Christ" Philemon 1:6. The communication of our faith is made effectual by acknowledging every good thing which is in us in Christ Jesus, not by acknowledging every wrong thing with us. But the devil wants us to knowledge every bad thing that we see and think about ourselves because he doesn't want the communication of our faith to be effectual. He wants us to spend all our time thinking and speaking about how awful we are to redirect our focus from who we are in Christ, to our shortcomings. The devil tries to bombard us with opportunities to think negative thoughts about ourselves so that we will return to old patterns of thinking from our injured pasts. He hopes that we will fall into the deception that our worth is based on our performance, and because of our faults, we are worthless. A proven fact is that we believe more of what we say than what anyone else says. So the more negativity that we speak and think, the lower we believe about ourselves. But once we truly understand who we are in Christ and realise how much he has done for us to make us worthy, we will realise what a big mistake we are making by meditating on our faults and failures. "Do not call anything impure that God has made clean." Acts 10:15

No comments:

Post a Comment