I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Friday 23 September 2011

Seeing Life from God's View

The way you see your life shapes your life. How you define life determines your destiny. Your perspective will influence how you invest your time, spend your money, use your talents and value your relationships.

If you were asked how you picture life, the image that appears in your mind is your 'life metaphor.' It is the view of life that you hold in your mind whether consciously or subconsciously. It's your description of how life works and what you expect from it. People often express their life metaphors through clothes, jewellery, cars, hair styles and tattoos. Your unspoken life metaphor influences your life more than you realise. It determines your expectations, values, relationships, goals and priorities. For example, if you view life as a party then your primary value will be having fun, or if you see life as a battle or competition then winning will be very important to you. Have you stopped to consider that you may be basing your life on a faulty metaphor? You may have picked it up from a parent, friend, TV show or another fallible source, but to fulfil the purposes God made you for, you'll have to challenge conventional wisdom and replace it with God's metaphors of life. The Bible says, "Do not conform yourselves to the standards of this world, but let God transform you inwardly by a complete change of your mind. Then you will be able to know the will of God." Romans 12:2.

No comments:

Post a Comment