I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Saturday 3 September 2011

Who is in control?


 

"So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature" Galatians 5:16

Who is in control of your life? Is it you or is it God?

We are to willingly give control of our lives to the Holy Spirit, allowing Him to lead and guide us. Most of us would say this is the desire of our heart, but far too few of us are doing it.

"For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the sinful nature. They are in conflict with each other, so that you do not do what you want." Galatians 5:17

Our flesh tries to control. Galatians clearly says that the flesh is continually opposed to the Spirit. What the flesh wants, the Spirit never wants. And what the Spirit desires, the flesh never agrees with.

We must refuse the evil and choose the good. The Holy Spirit's role in our lives includes encouraging us to make the right choices, but His role is not, and never will be, to force us to make them.

God will never hurt us. He wants us to have enough trust in Him to simply obey Him, even if we don't understand his motives. When we willingly give the Holy Spirit control of our daily lives, He leads us into victory.

Willingly give the Holy Spirit control of your life. He will then lead you into the perfect will of God for you, which comprises of so much, including exceeding, abundant blessings, peace and joy.

Think about and make a list (mental or written) of all the things that try to control you and begin resisting everything except the control of the Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment