I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Thursday 30 June 2011

Suicide

Genesis 1:27 - "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them."

1 Corinthians 6:20 - "you were bought at a price. Therefore honour God with your body."

Life can at times be extremely difficult. Sometimes things are put in your path that you believe you cannot deal with. You may have been, or feel abandoned, you may have lost everything in your life or you may be burdened with overwhelming guilt.

But even in times when death seems to be the only way out, it is important to remember that you have already been promised victory in your troubles through Jesus Christ.

Although the Bible gives us numerous reasons to not fear death, you should never try to end your own life by attempting suicide. Ending your life, the most precious gift that God gave you, deeply offends him. Trying to destroy life, his own special creation for you does not please him, it actually really offends him. So, you need to find your peace with God. This does not mean that your troubles will end immediately, but you will find the strength to live.

Jeremiah 1:4-5 - "The Word of the Lord came to me, saying 'Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.'"

Every person ever born was known by God before their birth. Human beings are God's workmanship, created by God for a purpose. Human lives are God's to create and God's to end. If you commit suicide, you are making a decision that isn't your to make.

Matthew 28:20 - "and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of age."

Jeremiah 29:11 - "'For I know the plans I have for you', declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"

When death seems like the only answer to your problems, it is important for you to remember that you are not alone on this earth. Even when it might seem that everyone else has abandoned you, God is by your side, ready and willing to comfort and help you.

In times when thoughts of hopelessness prevail, remember that God created you for a reason. He has an awesome future mapped out for you which he will help you fulfil. There are however no promises that all times will be good times.

Deuteronomy 4:29 - "But if from there you seek the Lord your God, you will find him if you look for him with all your heart and with all your soul."

Joshua 1:9 - "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."

If you look for God, you will find him and he will reveal the great purpose that he has for your life. Try hard to always remember that you have God's spirit in you and that you can tap into God's almighty power. You don't have to try to win the battle on your own - God will fight alongside you.


 

Reach out to God for help to get through your struggles!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment