I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Friday 17 June 2011

The grace of God

Romans 6:23 - "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Ephesians 2:8-9 - "For it is by grace that you have been saved, through faith, and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God, not by works, so that no one can boast."

The core meaning of grace is sometimes misunderstood. Grace is when you do a big favour for someone without expecting anything in return. In a biblical sense, when scripture says you are saved by grace, it means that God has done you the biggest favour of all: He has pardoned you from being sentenced to death as you deserve for having sinned against him. You do not have to earn God's grace, nor do you have to work your way into heaven. There is a place there for all those who have declared Jesus as their saviour. By grace you are forgiven of your sins and restored to full fellowship with God.

You cannot take credit for the gift of life when you have a baby for example. Life is God's gift and not the product of your own wants and deeds, and this ought to bring you a feeling of great hope, comfort and security.


 

Do you accept the gift of God's grace???

No comments:

Post a Comment