I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Wednesday 29 June 2011

The Shameful feeling of Shame

Psalm 32:5 - "Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my dignity, I said, 'I will confess my transgressions to the Lord' - and you forgave the guilt of my sin."

2 Corinthians 5:17 - "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"

Many of us feel shame. Those people holding onto unresolved issues of forgiveness will feel a shame to a greater extent. God wants to release you from the shame that you feel and restore you so that you can have a pure and holy relationship with him.

If the shame you feel is a result of past sin, then you need to sincerely confess your sin to God and he will begin to take your sin away. Your will then begin to feel the freedom of his forgiveness.

Psalm 51:3 - "For I know my transgressions, and my sin is always before me."

Judges 16:21 - "Then the Philistines seized him, gouged out his eyes and took him down to Gaza. Binding him with bronze shackles, they set him to grinding in the prison."

Humiliation is awful. It eats away at you, slowly destroying your self-respect and dignity. Embarrassment can usually be quickly recovered from. However, it usually takes a lot longer to recover from humiliation and shame. No one likes to be humiliated, but it can turn into a key moment for spiritual repentance and also restoration because it forces you to God, who is the only one who can offer complete forgiveness and restoration of your reputation. God promises to turn your humiliation in to an opportunity for him to show you his love, restore you, and raise you up again.

Humiliation and shame are sometimes caused by your own actions, but other times you can be shamed by other people. Humiliation doesn't have to make you ineffective for God forever. God can and will restore you to full confidence and service if you allow him to do so.


 

Restore yourself-respect through God!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment