I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Wednesday 15 June 2011

Surrendering your life

Luke 14:33 - "In the same way, any of you who does not give up everything he has cannot be my disciple."

Mark 8:35 - "For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me and for the gospel will save it."

Surrendering your life to God means that you give up pursuing what you want in life so that you can receive what God has planned for you. Jesus is not saying that in order for you to follow him you must give up everything. He is saying that you must be willing to give up everything to follow him.

Only once your willingness to give up everything for God is evident, will you be able to receive everything that he wants to offer you. This is where the issue of control and surrender comes in. You want to keep control of everything, but if you do so then it is impossible to surrender to God too. There are many battles fought against God and his will because people want to control their own lives, they don't want anybody, God included, seizing that power.

There comes a point when surrender is necessary along with the realisation that ultimate power over a life is not possible by Man. The act of surrendering is now seen as a good and necessary thing. Surrendering to God comes when you finally realise that you cannot run your life and defeat sin all by yourself, and you hand the control panel over to God. This will lead to success in your battle to defeat sin. You will also start to experience the greatest freedom of all as you pursue victory in this life and in eternity.


 

Are you willing to turn your life upside down???

No comments:

Post a Comment