I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Monday 20 June 2011

Does God's approval have to be earned?

Romans 3:27-28 - "Where then, is boasting? It is excluded. On what principle? On that of observing the law? No, but on that of faith. For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from observing the law."

Galatians 2:19 - "For through the law I died to the law so that I might live for God."

God's approval cannot be earned because he already approves of you! His approval of you is not based on performance but on the fact that you are his creation. When you obey God, you are expressing your gratitude and love for him; not trying to win his approval.

Romans 3:23 - "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,"

Romans 10:9 - "That if you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord', and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."

God may love you unconditionally, but he does not approve of your sinful behaviour. You will only realise how much God loves you when you understand that it is your sin that separates you from him and that Jesus died and rose again to take away your sin so that you can be reconciled to his Father.

When, at the moment of salvation, you confess your sins to him, seek his forgiveness, and commit to following Jesus, you are given approval to enter heaven for eternity.


 

He already approves of you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment