I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Saturday 25 June 2011

Listen to your conscience

Proverbs 2:1 - "My son, if you accept my words and store up my commands within you,"

Proverbs 2:9 - "Then you will understand what is right and just and fair - every good path."

Romans 1:21 - "For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened."

Your conscience is the innate part of you that helps you tell whether you are in line with God's will. It is one of God's gifts to you, one to keep you sensitive to and aware of his moral code. However, if you choose to ignore your conscience repeatedly, it will become dull and quiet and you will not be able to hear it clearly. The only way that your conscience will continue to work properly is if you stay close to God, listen to his Word and make an honest effort to understand yourself and your personal habits of sin.

When your conscience is working faithfully to you, it will instil in your heart and mind a clear knowledge of right and wrong. You will have a strong sense to always do what is right in any given situation.

1 Timothy 1:19 - "holding on to faith and a good conscience. Some have rejected these and so have shipwrecked their faith."

God warns you that if you persistently ignore your conscience, your faith will be 'shipwrecked'. When you sin, you are deliberately going against your conscience. You know full well that what you are doing is wrong because your conscience tells you so, but you go ahead and sin anyway. When you continually do this, your heart and mind learn not to hear your conscience calling out to you. Without a strong conscience you become hard hearted and pretty much oblivious to the notion of sin.


 

Can you hear your conscience calling to you???


 

No comments:

Post a Comment