I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Tuesday 14 June 2011

Joyfulness

Psalm 16:11 - "You will make known to me the path of life; you will me with joy in your presence,"

Psalm 68:3 - "But may the righteous be glad and rejoice before God; may they be happy and joyful."

Joy is not the same as being content or happy. Joy is a happiness deep within you that is not affected by any circumstantial situation around you as it is based on a strong relationship with Jesus. Joy is, put simply, the celebration of walking with God. When you get to the stage where you feel pure joy you will feel entirely at peace with God. You will start to realise how privileged you are, not only for being friends with our great God but also because you now know that your sins are forgiven and that one day you will join Him in eternity.

When you allow the Holy Spirit in to control your heart and thoughts there will be such an amazing change in your life; joyfulness being one them.

Philippians 4:12 - "I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation."

James 1:2 - "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trails of many kinds,"

One thing that God does not promise is constant happiness. However he has promised to those that give their lives to him endless joy. Despite living in a world full of problems you can still be continually joyful, you won't however be constantly happy. Joyfulness once achieved is a permanent state. It's deep within you and nothing or no one, except God, can take that away from you. No matter what problems you are facing in life you can still feel that deep, eternal joy.


 

May you be filled with joy forevermore!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment