I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Sunday 26 June 2011

What happens when we die?

John 11:25-26 - "Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die.'"

The vast majority of us are scared to die and will do anything possible to prolong our life. This is because we are unsure of what happens after death. Whilst we are still alive on this earth we know the rules of how things work, it's familiar and we pretty much know what to expect.

When we physically die we leave our earthly bodies and our places in the earthly realm. This is a very serious part of our life to contemplate. To die spiritually is to miss out on eternal residence in heaven with God and his people.

When the time comes for us and fellow Christians to die physically, we become even more alive as we move into an eternity in heaven. For those of us who believe that Jesus is our Saviour, death is not the end. It is the beginning of an amazing eternity spent with the Lord and other believers experiencing awesome joy.

1 Corinthians 15:42-44 - "So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body."

When you enter eternity, your resurrected body will be a physical body, just like you have now on earth, but it will have supernatural characteristics. For example, you may be able to walk through walls like Jesus did with his resurrected body (John 20). More importantly, your new body will not decay because of sin. You will never, ever be sick or in pain again.


 

I can't wait to reach eternity. Can you???    

No comments:

Post a Comment