I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Friday 17 June 2011

Liar, liar, pants on fire!

1 Peter 3:10 - "Whoever would love life and see good days must keep his tongue from evil and his lips from deceitful speech."

The Bible speaks out strongly against lying. There are different types of lying, from subtly only telling a partial truth to telling a big, blatant lie, for example if evidence of the truth is clear to be seen. Lying is deceiving someone and that is far from being acceptable behaviour.

Lying is a selfish and self serving act from which the liar will usually benefit. When you lie, you attempt to hide and deceive, to gain ownership of something (material or otherwise) that you have not earned, or to make an impression of yourself which you do not deserve.

To not tell the whole truth in any way, shape or form, is to be lying. Whilst you continue to tell lies, even so-called 'small' ones you simply cannot follow the God of truth. Lying shatters and breaks down trust, and it is trust that is the key to strong relationships. This is why the Bible promises us that a happy life is an honest life.


 

How many more lies are you going to tell???

No comments:

Post a Comment