I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Thursday 23 June 2011

Back to the Future

1 Corinthians 2:9 - "However, as it is written: 'No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him'"

God has the power to reveal the future to us, however he chooses not to. He will reveal a little in order to instil hope in us. For example, we know that there is a heaven, we know how to get to heaven, we know how to get to heaven, and we know that our future in heaven will be far more amazing than we can ever imagine. God has limited the information that we have in order that we use our faith for the rest.

Genesis 12:1-2 - "The Lord said to Abram, 'Leave your country, your people and your father's household and go to the land I will show you. I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing.'"

Genesis 12:4 - "So Abram left, as the Lord had told him; and Lot went with him."

God reveals enough to encourage us to obey, but little more than that, for a reason. Abram was ordered by God to leave everything that was familiar to him. He had the choice of staying put and displeasing God or taking a leap of faith. Abram knew that achieving God's future rewards required his obedience.

It is impossible for you to know exactly what the future holds. As a Christian you need to put your faith in God and rest assured that he has nothing but good plans for your life.

God reveals enough of the future to increase your dependence on him. He knows your future and he wants to be part of it, so you need to learn to rely on him to lead you there. This is the essence of what it means to 'live by faith'. Faith is putting your trust in God and not trying to create and control your future all by yourself.


 

Live by faith and not by sight!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment