I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Friday 3 June 2011

Does God really accept me?

Romans 5:8 - "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

1 John 4:9-10 - "This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins."

Do you feel worthy of God's love? Many people do, but sadly many more people don't... yet. If you don't feel worthy this could be for a variety of reasons, some being issues surrounding your low self esteem and low self worth. This was certainly the case for me for far too many years. Other reasons that may make you believe that God doesn't accept you could be feelings of guilt and shame, yet again these resonate with me. It could also be the sheer disbelief and incredibility that God, a huge and amazing God could do something as awesome as what he did for each and every one of us, including YOU.

However the fact of the matter is that God DOES accept you because it was he that made you and he created you in his own image. One thing that always try to remember is that there is nothing you can do to earn God's love and equally there is nothing you can do to make him love you less. God loves you. Unconditionally. Is this getting clearer?

God purely and simply accepts you for who you are. He sent his own son to die on the cross for you, yes you! If God did not accept you would he have offered you the gift of eternal life by sending his son Jesus Christ to take the punishment for your sins? Come on, would he? Jesus died in your place so that you might be accepted into eternity.

What an amazing gift!

Do you believe that God accepts you???

No comments:

Post a Comment