I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Thursday 9 June 2011

What rewards do I get for following Jesus?

Matthew 6:20 - "But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal."

1 Corinthians 2:9 - "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him."


 

Some people suggest as to what is the point of following God if you still suffer like everyone else on this earth. There are starving people all over the world, Christians and non-Christians, so why choose to follow a God who will not necessarily relieve you of your hunger?

If earthly solutions and rewards were the only thing to live a Christian life for then there would be far, far fewer Christians on this earth. There are two main reasons why this viewpoints on this:

1. When you come to God and try to obey him you are placing yourself in a position where you are able to lead a more wholesome life; enjoying life - a life that has more meaning, and integrity in the knowledge that you have a clear conscience.]

2. This life is not all there is. There is far more out there for followers of God. The Bible makes it very clear that those people who put their trust in Jesus Christ for forgiveness of their sins will receive eternal life. Your faithfulness to God in this life may or may not result in wealth of the material kind, but the rewards you receive in Heaven will be far greater than you could ever imagine.

Do I get a gold star??? No, you get far more!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment