I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Friday 24 June 2011

God's precious jewel

You are special. You are unique. There is no one else on this earth just like you. The way you look, your intelligence, your personality traits and so on are totally one of a kind. God even took the care to create us all with a different finger print. This alone makes you different to everyone else.

Genesis 1:27 - "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; make and female he created them."

The most important fact about your identity is that God created you in His own image. He made you so you could share in his creation and have the privilege of developing a relationship with him.

Psalm 139:14 - "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."

The Bible shows us the extent of God's great interest in all of us, as individuals. God knew you before you were even born. He already loved and cared for you long before you were perhaps even aware of him. Through his love for you, he has made special plans just for you.

Psalm 139:17 - "How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!"

As we begin to understand that God is constantly concerned for us, we also start to grasp how horrible sin is. God loves all of us so much, yet we often go our own way, turning our backs on Him in the process. When this happens, it makes it very hard for God to work in our lives. The plans and designs that he has for our lives cannot be put into place for those who are unwilling. This does not stop him from loving us no matter how much we ignore him. He isn't that easy to get rid of! God continues to see us as awesome individuals despite where our faith might lie.

1 John 4:10 - "For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."

Because God thinks such a lot of us, he wants to forgive us and give us a full and meaningful life. When we put our trust in Jesus Christ and let Him put our lives together we become "God's masterpieces". What can be more special and amazing than that?!

We are so precious to God. His love for us is never ending. To him we are special beyond measure.


 

Let him in and experience the greatest love of all!

No comments:

Post a Comment