I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Wednesday 15 June 2011

Plugging your earphones in properly

Proverbs 8:32 - "Now then, my sons, listen to me; blessed are those who keep my ways." - As your relationship with God grows you will begin to hear him more and more clearly. It's as if your earphones haven't been plugged in quite right then one day you realise that the muffling sound has gone and all you can hear is the perfect voice of God. As God communicates to you through his Word, you will begin to hear, or discern exactly what he wants of you. With time you will become a good listener, your earphones will pick up the sound of God calling you to do a certain task.

Psalms 46:10 - "Be still, and know that I am God;"

Proverbs 1:23 - "If you had responded to my rebuke, I would have poured my heart out to you."

God speaks to us in various ways, but you will only hear him if your earphones are connected correctly and you are paying full attention. Many Christians set aside a period of silence each day where they can be still in his presence and Word. God often chooses these times to speak to us. He might also speak to you through another person or a song.

You need to try really hard at all times to ensure that your earphones are connected and pay attention to the variety of ways in which God speaks to you.


 

The more you listen, the more you will hear - do you hear me???

No comments:

Post a Comment