I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Monday 20 June 2011

Be Restored

Romans 5:10 - "For if, when we were God's enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life!"

Sin separates you from God, and as long as you remain separated from him, by your sin, you will never experience a relationship with him. The very worst thing about this is that separation from God sentences you to eternal death. That is why God sent his Son, Jesus, to die in your place and take the punishment for your sins so that you would not have to. He then gave you the chance to overcome the sinful nature you were born with.

When God raised Jesus from the dead, it showed his great power over sin and offers its total assurance of his promise that you can have eternal life with him. When you come to believe that Jesus died for your sins and was raised from the dead, you confess your sins and ask God to forgive you, you also commit yourself to obeying him. At this point you are restored to him forevermore.

No comments:

Post a Comment