I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Thursday 30 June 2011

Cast aside your ill past

Isaiah 1:18 - "'Come now, let us reason together,' says the Lord. 'Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool."

Philippians 3:13 - "Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining towards what is ahead,"

Memories from the past form a 'photo album' in your mind. This album contains snapshots of your life. These snapshots won't just show happy times and celebrations; they also contain images of tragedies, sad times and acts of shame. The vast majority of people have snapshots which they would like to lock away in the past. Reminders of a past that they would rather forget.

The apostle Paul had a past he wished he could forget. His own photo album was full of snapshots from his days of persecuting and killing Christians. However, he did not waste his time in a state of regret, instead, he realised and understood that his past had redeemed through God's healing and forgiveness.

How you view your past will affect how you live in the present and the future. Maybe you have a past filled with regrets from actions that were wrong and hurtful. But no matter what you have done, God is ready to forgive you, make you clean on the inside, and give you a fresh start.

Perhaps you have a tragic past in which you were a victim of abuse, neglect, violence or shame. This is the most difficult of 'past' to deal with. However, you have God on your side and he wants to throw away all the bad snapshots and restore you. For this to happen you need to let God in. Guilt, shame and regret can be got rid of and you can be free to live in peace filled with purpose and abundant joy.


 

Let God in to wipe your camera memory!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment